Net Zero Now | Why wait for the future! We need to build more homes. We also need to make our existing home more efficient homes, and to reduce demolition. Timber can allow us to meet these needs and rapidly decarbonise our built environment. This is because wood is a naturally renewable material which:
- Sequesterscarbon in forests as trees grow.
- Storescarbon in harvested wood products.
- Substitutesfor carbon intensive materials such as steel, concrete and plastics.
- Drives Sustainableforest management leading to greater growth.
- Contributes to a Circulareconomy as wood products can be reused, recycled and recovered for low-carbon energy at end-of-life.
Read the full article published by cti-timber.org Net Zero Now
Spread the word and share this page from cti-timber.org #netzeronow